Established his business in 1871 at Verulam House, Bournemouth. (Ref: Herriott, S (ed.) 1968. British Taxidemists - a historical directory. Leicester Museums). Over the years he was listed as a naturalist, a taxidermist and was eventually known as a taxidermist and bird dealer.
In the early years he appears to have moved premises rather frequently, being based at:
Old Christchurch Road (1875)
1 Wellington Terrace (up to c1878)
43 Old Christchurch Road, Bournemouth (c1878 - c1886)
The Quadrant, Bournemouth (c1886)
Yelverton Road, Bournemouth (c1890)
111 Old Christchurch Road, Bournemouth (c 1895 - c1903).
Guillemot and Common Gull
Accession no HMCMS:Bi1997.2.6