This Box contains clothing and artefacts to help you teach your pupils about the life of Grace Darling. The Grace Darling costume may be used during a role play activity where pupils can develop their skills of enquiry through interviewing a class mate dressed as Grace Darling. Resources are also included to aid with telling the story of Grace Darling’s heroic experiences and the formation of the RNLI.
Ideal for use with Key Stage 2, years 5 and 6
Key learning objectives
- History: To enable pupils to explore the life of Grace Darling and her influence in the formation of the RNLI by handling artefacts and costumes and by taking part in group activities.
- Speaking and Listening: To encourage pupils to work effectively as a member of a group, using speaking and listening skills.
- Literacy: To explore the life of Grace daring using a variety of literary resources.
- Clothing and artefacts include a Grace Darling costume, a modern RNLI scarf. A ship’s lantern and pair of Rowlocks.
- Resources include books, booklets, labels, a life boat pack, sequencing game and a novel of Grace Darling.
Hiring a box
Collect on a Monday between 12pm and 5:30pm, and return on a Friday before 5:30pm.
Closed 1pm to 1.30pm.
To discuss your needs or to make a booking contact Alexandra Walker tel 01962 678199.