This box contains two costumes costume representing a first and third class passenger, as well as a selection of objects (real and replica) which might have been used by passengers and crew of the ill-fated Titanic. It can be used both as an introductory resource as well as supporting learning throughout the topic of The Titanic.
Ideal for use with both Key Stages 1 and 2.
Key Learning Objectives
- History: To enable pupils to explore the tragic sinking of the Titanic through handling replica objects and taking part in group activities. To place the events leading up to the sinking in chronological order, discuss how and why the Titanic sank and identify differences between the class of people on board the ship.
- Speaking and Listening: Encourages Pupils to work efficiently as a member of a group by using speaking and listening skills.
- Literacy: To explore the Titanic through studying different sources of evidence such as memories (primary) and books (secondary)
- Costume: First class passenger consisting of skirt, blouse, fur stole, wide brimmed hat and accessories. Third class passenger consisting of collarless shirt, waistcoat, necktie, cap and boots.
- Original and Replica Artefacts: include Marconi Morse code tapper, kid gloves, feather fan, lifejacket, coins, pocket watch, silver brush and mirror set, silver cutlery, leather collar stud case and studs, Officer’s cap, silver whistle.
- Resources include Teacher’s notes, Books, facsimile items, newspapers, posters, and suggested activities (timeline, snap/pairs).
Hiring a box
Collect on a Monday between 12pm and 5:30pm, and return on a Friday before 5:30pm.
Closed 1pm to 1.30pm.
To discuss your needs or to make a booking contact Alexandra Walker tel 01962 678199.