This box contains a theatrical costume and a selection of everyday objects which demonstrate what life was like in Ancient Egypt. It can be used both as an introductory resource as well as supporting learning throughout the topic of Ancient Egypt.
Ideal for use with Key Stage 2, year 4
Key learning objectives
- History: To enable pupils to explore what everyday life was like in Ancient Egypt by handling replica objects and taking part in group activities.
- Speaking and Listening: Encourages Pupils to work efficiently as a member of a group by using speaking and listening skills.
- Literacy: To explore Ancient Egypt through studying Egyptian myths and Legends.
- Theatrical costume consisting of a Gold Cape, Gold Dress and a decorated collar and belt (this costume is quite delicate and is for display only).
- Replica Artefacts include a scribes writing set, statuettes, a Shabti, a scarab beetle, wall painting fragment, Hieroglyphic alphabet slab and a plaster model of Tutankhamun’s death mask.
- Resources include Teacher’s notes, Books, an audio tape of stories from ancient Egypt, posters, booklets and activity ideas.
Hiring a box
Collect on a Monday between 12pm and 5:30pm, and return on a Friday before 5:30pm.
Closed 1pm to 1.30pm.
To discuss your needs or to make a booking contact Alexandra Walker tel 01962 678199.