These boxes focuses on Viking settlers and provides the opportunity for pupils to explore this topic through wearing costume during role play and handling replica artefacts which represent everyday Viking life. Its ideal as both an introductory resource as well as supporting learning throughout the topic of Viking invaders and settlers.
Ideal for use with Key Stage 2, years 3 and 4
Key learning objectives
- History: To enable pupils to explore what life was like in Viking Britain by handling replica artefacts, wearing costume and taking part in group activities.
- Speaking and Listening: To encourage pupils to work effectively as a member of a group using speaking and listening skills.
- Literacy: To explore Viking life using different sources of evidence, including books and information booklet.
- Costumes represent what kind of clothing a Viking man and woman would have worn.
- Replica Artefacts include coins, a pottery lamp, bone needle, brooches and a wooden bowl.
- Resources include labels, books and pictures with accompanying notes.
Hiring a box
Collect on a Monday between 12pm and 5:30pm, and return on a Friday before 5:30pm.
Closed 1pm to 1.30pm.
To discuss your needs or to make a booking contact Alexandra Walker tel 01962 678199.