This box is ideal for pupils studying toys in the past as it provides them with a selection of toys from the Victorian period and 1950s. Pupils are encouraged to consider how these toys are different from their own, looking at materials, colours, shapes and technology.
Ideal for use with Key Stage 1, year 1
Key learning objectives
- History: To enable pupils to explore toys from the 1950s and Victorian period using real and replica artefacts and by taking part in group activities.
- Speaking and Listening: To encourage pupils to work effectively as a member of a group, using speaking and listening skills.
- Literacy: To explore toys from the past using a variety of literary resources.
- Toys include dolls, puzzle cards, rattles, marbles, Scottie dog toy, hobby horse, skittles, spinning top, book, tractor and toy train.
- 'Oi! Get off our Train' story sack contains characters from the story, book, audio tape and activities.
- Resources include booklets, books photographs and labels for display.
Hiring a box
Collect on a Monday between 12pm and 5:30pm, and return on a Friday before 5:30pm.
Closed 1pm to 1.30pm.
To discuss your needs or to make a booking contact Alexandra Walker tel 01962 678199.